ASGSO Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Advocacy and programming committee concerned with issues of diversity and inclusion as it relates to the graduate student population. This committee will organize programming and events as well as participate in university-wide administrative initiatives such as the Inclusion and Diversity Senate Council Working Group. This committee will be involved in the ongoing work of implementing aspects of the university’s strategic plan.
- The chair of this committee will initially be the ASGSO President, however another chair will be decided if there are suitable volunteers
- The chair will be voted on in future elections
- Recommended 4-5 standing members; general participation open to all A&S graduates
- The committee chair is expected to submit reports to the ASGSO Administrative Assistant prior to general session meetings. They may also deliver reports, even if they are not their departmental reps
- Committee membership is voluntary, however the standing members are expected to committee to the full tenure of their terms (one school year)
- Will also work with GPSG, and other university departments and affinity groups, on programming when appropriate