ASGSO Policy & Sexual Misconduct Committee
Advocacy and programming committee concerned with issues regarding the stability and operations of departmental GSOs, as well as departmental and institutional policies on issues of sexual misconduct and assault. This committee will develop a set of recommended policies for departmental GSO bylaws and operations, with attention to awareness, education, and advocacy around related issues at the department level. Additionally, this group will be responsible for maintaining participation on the university’s Sexual Assault Task Force (SATF) as a graduate representative (GSO/GPSG), and for organizing programming and events alongside the GPSG regarding the university’s strategic plan.
- It is recommended that the next VP serve as chair of this committee for its first year of operation; however, the chair should be voted on in future elections
- Recommended 4-5 standing members; general participation is open to all A&S graduates
- The committee chair is expected to submit reports to the ASGSO Administrative Assistant prior to general session meetings. They may also deliver reports, even if they are not their departmental reps
- Committee membership is voluntary, however the standing members are expected to committee to the full tenure of their terms (one school year)
- Will also work with GPSG, and other university departments and affinity groups, on programming when appropriate